Interested In Becoming a Behind The Design Guest Blogger?
Hi there! Thank you for your interest in writing a guest blog on our site. The team is so happy to have you here.
If you have a passion for teaching other interior designers and would like to share your expertise with our community, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please take a moment to review our guidelines on the kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
We look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts and high-quality writing; we do not condone plagiarism.
- We aim to be helpful, thorough, and educational, so your article must be +1500 words.
- Proper attribution of any data, quotes, supporting material must be given.
- No more than two links to your company’s website in the body of the post.
- Link to at least 2-5 other supporting articles from Behind The Design.
If you have questions on any of these essentials, please feel free to email Jackie Green at [email protected].
What We Prohibit
- Anything that has already been covered on our site before, so we encourage you to research our previous articles before sending a submission.
- Anything judgemental or overly critical of any brands, individuals, or companies; after all, we are here to educate, not criticize.
- Anything inaccurate or inappropriate.
- Anything too promotional.
- Submissions must meet the BTD’s team quality standards to get published. We receive the right to reject any submissions at our discretion.
- Behind The Design and GA Interior Solutions reserves the right to use guest blog author’s likeness across our content and marketing collateral as we deem appropriate, including but not limited to GA Interior Solutions social media platforms.
- We reserve the right to include any Call-To-Actions to Behind The Design and GA Interior Solutions content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
How To Submit A Behind The Design Guest Blogging Post
Conduct a search on our Behind The Design site to make sure you pitch a topic that hasn’t been overly written about.
Format your post according to our established guidelines.
- Include a title for your post
- +1500 word count
- Paragraphs should be no more than three to five sentences long
- Add bulleted lists to help break up any heavy copy
- Always include a conclusion
- Add any supporting graphics with sources
Tip: Feel free to run your post through Grammarly or even Google Docs to run a spell-check.
Submit your finished blog post to [email protected] with the following:
- Subject Line: Guest Blogging Pitch: (Blog Title)
- Your completed blog post in a Google Document with editing permissions enabled to “anyone with the link.”
- Short author bio, headshot, and any links to your LinkedIn or social media account you’d like linked.
If your pitch meets our editorial standards and aligns with our mission, we will respond to your email and let you know your article will be published. This process may take up to 2 weeks, and the publication date could exceed this timeline based on the needs of our editorial calendar.
Thank you again for your interest, and we look forward to reading your work!